Welcome to Omeath, Co. Louth, Ireland
Omeath (Irish: Ó Méith) is a village in County Louth close to the Northern Ireland border and home to the Cuchulainn Gaels GAC. Omeath is steeped in Irish history, with spectacular scenery on the east coast of Ireland. It is roughly mid way between Dublin and Belfast, close to the County Louth and County Armagh / County Down border. Omeath is 4 miles from Carlingford and about 5 miles from Newry.
Irish Language Class
Irish Classes for beginners will be taking a holiday from 26th June until September (exact date to be confirmed). Anyone wishing to enrol for the September class can contact Lorna 0872766467 or Ethna at Cornamucklagh House. The class for beginners has been a huge success and everyone is welcome.
Poill A’ Bhuí – Mass Rock
- Takes place on Wednesday 26th of June, 2013 at 7 pm.
Carlingford Cemetery Mass – Sunday 4th August 11.30 am
Omeath Cemetery Mass – Sunday 11th August 11.00 am
Acquired Brain Injury Ireland – Work 4 You
- Work4you is a new vocational assessment service for individuals and employers affected by an acquired brain injury. It is the first community based neuro-assessment service of its kind in Ireland and will provide practical assistance and real hope for people with an acquired brain injury who are either struggling to hold on to their existing job or aiming to return to education, training, or employment. Click here for further information…
Carlingford Craft & Food Fair – St Michaels Hall Carlingford
- 1st Sunday of every month, from 12.00 pm – 6.00 pm. Come along and browse through the delicious food and handmade crafts at Carlingford’s Indoor Craft and Food Fair – FREE ADMISSION.
Posted by Cooley Peninsula Tourist Office Carlingford and Mourne area
CB100 – Comóradh Céad Bhliain Choláiste Bhride Óméith
- August and September 2012 - Calender of Events. Click here for more…
Oriel Irish Language Course in Honour of St Bríd’s College, Omeath
Location: The Strand House, Ó Méith, Co Louth
When: Friday Evening to Sunday: 17th to the 19th of August
Click here for brochure…
Free Online Microsoft Office Tests
- Militants claim three Britons dead after bomb attack on UN compound - The Independent
- Peter Mathews says Fine Gael gave committment to allow conscientious objection - Irish Times
- Tentative deal reached on EU's budget - Irish Times
- Husband says no sentence sufficient for murder of Jill Meagher - RTE.ie
- Two arrested after €150k drugs seizure in Cork - Irish Examiner
- Appeal for public help in double murder probe - Irish Examiner
- Three fishermen have been rescued off north Donegal after their boat sank. - Belfast Telegraph
- Clare Daly says the Government and the media 'slobbered' over the Obama family - RTE.ie
- Foam system 'not as good as water', fire-fighter tells court - Irish Examiner
- Minister: No more 'slopping out' at Mountjoy by next year - Irish Examiner